4th Sustainable Development Goals Youth Summer Camp
UNOSD will be organizing 4th Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Youth Summer Camp in close partnership with Yonsei University (YU) and the Korea Environment Corporation (K-eco). The camp will be conducted online on 20 July (Preliminary Workshop), and 10–13 August 2020 (Main Camp). The objective of the camp is to enhance the youth’s knowledge on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and foster their leadership skills, with design-thinking, critical-thinking, and engagement through dialogues and exercises on the SDG implementation.
In this regard, UNOSD would like to announce the Call for Application to encourage interested youth to apply and participate in this timely event. Please see below for specific details of the event and application. The summer camp will be conducted in English.
Please download the official posters:
The 4th SDGs Youth Summer Camp, which was originally planned to take place at Yonsei University International Campus from 10 to 13 August 2020, will now be conducted entirely ONLINE due to COVID-19 situation in the Republic of Korea.
The decision has been made to follow strengthened guildelines on COVID-19 recommended and enforced by the New York Headquarters and Korean national authorities - most importantly, to ensure the safety of all participants. The application will be open until 22 June 2020 as planned, and the details of the online format of the summer camp will be announced in coming days.
- No registration fee
- Those who successfully complete the programme will receive certificates
- The best presenting groups will receive awards and have an opportunity to make a presentation during the 2020 Sustainable Development Transformation Forum which will be organized by UNOSD on October 2020 (details to be confirmed later)
The objectives of the SDGs Summer Camp will include but are not limited to the following:
- Build and enhance knowledge of the youth on the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, and their capacity and contribution;
- Foster youth leadership skills, with design-thinking, critical-thinking, and engagement through dialogues and exercises on SDG implementation;
- Provide opportunities for networking among youth; and
- Expand the host institution’s partnership with youth leaders for the SDGs
- Korean national and foreigners born between 1992 and 2002 (70 participants will be selected)
- The participants will be selected based on their motivation, capacities and English proficiency while ensuring gender and geographical balance.
How to Apply
- THE APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
- Please complete and submit an application through google form at: https://forms.gle/Ntm7wAAV3eSEoM49A - application link will open on Thursday, 21 May 2020
- Please attach any relevant documents, certificates, test scores and motivation statements (less than 500 words) unto the google form in ONE PDF or word document
- English Proficiency Test Score: Internationally and domestically accredited Tests (only TOEIC, TOEIC SPEAKING, OPIC, TOEFL, TEPS or IELTS) are accepted
- Those who have completed education in English speaking countries are not required to submit English proficiency test scores. Instead, please attach a copy of graduation certificate as proof.
- When attaching a document Name of File: DOB_Last name_First name.doc / ex: 19900210_Kim_Huiyong.doc
- Application date: Thursday, 21 May 2020 - Monday, 22 June 2020 by 24:00
- Notification: invitation letters will be sent to the selected participants by Monday, 6 July 2020
*THE DATES AND FORMATLITY OF YOUTH SUMMER CAMP ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON ASSESSMENT OF COVID-19 SITUATION IN THE REPUBLIC OF KOREAN BY NATIONAL, LOCAL, AND YONSEI UNIVERSITY AUTHORITIES AS WELL AS BY THE UNHQ IN NEW YORK.